Wednesday, December 19, 2012

SNOW!

It doesn't snow that often in the lower hinterlands of Vancouver, so forgive the uncharacteristic giddiness.

I've been off this week due to aforementioned overtime, and so have been spared attempting to get to work on non-functioning buses, trains, and other modes of conveyance. People get very weird around snow here, so I am extra careful to lace up tight my hiking boots, and apply scarf, hat, gloves, headphones (they make for decent earmuffs, if a bit bulky) and enough coffee to stay warm during the ten-minute trek to the bus stop.

I came back home with one thing, that isn't a present, but is now sitting in my kitchen awaiting my breakfast ministrations in a few short hours. It's shiny.

But I can keep busy in the face of the most strenuous of boredoms: there's bills to put together, lists to make,  emails to answer (hi Von!), writing to put off, editing to avoid, and something approaching homework in the way of some industry training.

And somewhere, in the recesses of my memory, a tiny reminder from a few weeks ago to put the fucking snow tires on the car.

I may be a bit behind schedule.

5 comments:

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

you can have my snow, and welcome to it.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

snow what?
~

fish said...

Who is this impostor and what has he done with MenD who is normally very diligent in his not posting.

Substance McGravitas said...

Snow in Vancouver rules.

Nobody can do anything.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

We got slush in D.C. today.

Lot of slush.
~